Part I - Preliminary
- Citation of Legislation in Proceedings
- Registrar’s Circulars2. Calculation of time
(1) These Practice Directions may, with effect from 1 January 2015, be cited as the Family Justice Courts Practice Directions.
(2) These Practice Directions shall apply to all proceedings in the Family Courts and the Family Division of the High Court unless otherwise stated.
(3) For the avoidance of doubt, these Practice Directions shall, unless otherwise stated, apply to all proceedings in the Family Courts and the Family Division of the High Court with effect from 1 January 2015 regardless of the commencement date of the proceedings.
Citation of Legislation in Proceedings
(4) Where legislation is cited in these Practice Directions, the citation shall, unless the context otherwise requires, be read to refer to the edition of that legislation currently in force.
(4A) In these Practice Directions, unless the context otherwise requires,
(a) any reference to a repealed provision of any written law is a reference to that provision as in force immediately before the date the provision is repealed;(b) Any reference to “Rules of Court 1996” is a reference to the Rules of Court (Cap. 322, R 5, 2014 Rev Ed) as in force immediately before 1 April 2022;(c) Any reference to “Rules of Court 2021” is a reference to the Rules of Court 2021 (G.N. No. S 914/2021) as in force on or after 1 April 2022.
(5) Any addition or amendment to these Practice Directions will be notified on the Singapore Courts website at http://www.judiciary.gov.sg. The Practice Directions will be updated on the date the addition or amendment takes effect.
(7) The Forms in Appendix A to these Practice Directions shall be used, where applicable, with such variations as the circumstances of the particular case require.
The provisions in the Family Justice Rules shall apply to the calculation of time in these Practice Directions. In particular:
(a) The following definition of “working day” in rule 3 of the Family Justice Rules is applicable in these Practice Directions. “Working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday.(b) The provisions of Part 1 Division 3 of the Family Justice Rules shall also apply to the calculation of time.